Petloc II The Next Generation. Coming Soon.
Ten years ago Petloc™ was the first combination lockable dog leash on the market and though we love the design, we knew there was always room for improvement. Nothing major, little tweaks, but ones we hope you will all love. Hence Petloc II. It's been in the offing for a while and now we're running very low on the original Petloc™ product, and since the problem hasn't gone away (new figures compiled by the Blue Cross animal welfare charity show a significant rise) it's time to remanufacture this proven system and get our pets protected against theft again.
So what's new?
Quite a lot actually.
- Locks have a safety non-reset button so your chosen combination stays fixed.
- Higher grade galvanised 2 mm pre-coated 7 core (7x7) steel wire makes the lead even harder to cut through.
- Longer turns on the steel cable have been added to ensure the steel wire stays firmly in place.
- D rings are welded not split - no pulling free all you strong doggies.
- A 3M reflective strip sewn into the lead increases visibility on roads on night walks. (And looks rocking.)
- Two intermediate collar sizes have been added so the leads fit more snugly. (Choose from S, M, L, XL)
- This time round it's manufactured using 25mm High Tenacity Polypropylene cushion webbing. Silkier!
- And lastly, we're bringing the manufacturing home (from China). While the locks will still be made in Taiwan, (the market authority on this sort of hardware) the new webbing will be woven, packaging printed and the version II lead assembled here. On British soil. Yay!
so can i have one?
Um. Not yet. We are finally very close and should be posting a pre-order link in the next couple of weeks. We will announce this on Facebook and here, so please keep checking. We will also directly email anyone who has already bought a Petloc lead in the past so you can get another and/or share with your friends! Nice!